Business Visitor Visa of Canada.
Canada’s rapidly increasing economy is attracting business from around the world. The Canadian government is developing a number of opportunities for entrepreneurs and businesses from around the world. These programs aim to attract investors from around the world and improve the employment rate. In 2018 one quarter of visits to Canada were business visits. Individuals who wish to visit Canada on a temporary basis for the sake of business and do not enter the labor market directly can apply for the Business Visit. A business visitor can meet clients, expand the business, visit sites, take training by Canadian firms, and invest in Canada. All applicants applying for the business visit to Canada must meet certain criteria and have sufficient funds to invest and expand their business in. The applicants can eventually choose to become permanent residents in Canada if their business is successful and contributes positively to the Canadian economy. Thus, a business visit can be for any of the following purposes:
- Business meetings and conferences
- Site visits
- Buying and selling of goods in the Canadian market
- Sales training meetings
- Training for business purposes.
Eligibility for Business Visit to Canada:
To be eligible for a Business visit to Canada the following criteria must be met:
- The applicant must have the financial power to invest and set up a business in Canada. In general, the applicant must have a minimum of $300 000 CAD of funds.
- The applicant’s business must be dealing with Canadian firms and he/she must be able to prove their main source of income is outside of Canada.
- The applicant must have minimum language proficiency skills.
- The applicant will NOT need a work permit for a business visit.
- The applicant must NOT be a business person but apply for a business visit as business people work in Canada under the free trade agreement (FTA).
How to apply Business Visit to Canada:
To apply for the Canadian Business Visit Visa the following steps can be followed:
- If the applicant does NOT belong to the US and falls in the visa-exempt national’s category he/she must apply for an Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA).
- An application form must be filled in case the applicant does not fall under the eTA category. Each applicant must fill out a form for him/herself. In case the applicant is under 18 he/she must get it signed by a parent or guardian.
- The applicant must attach all required documents with the application such as a copy of the applicant’s passport, visa, business documents, etc.
- Provide medical certificates and criminal records.
- Pay all requisite fees and wait for the Canadian embassy to contact the applicant for verification of documents.
Required Documents for Canadian Business Visit Visa:
The following documents may be mandatory for a business visit:
- Invitation from a Canadian organization.
- Letters of attestation confirming employment by a Canadian organization/firm.
- Proof that the applicant will visit Canada temporarily.
- After-sales agreement documents.
- Documents show the applicant has sufficient experience in case of a visit for training purposes.
- Travel documents showing entry to exit in Canada.
- A copy of the applicant’s passport.
Processing Times of a Business Visit Visa of Canada:
Once the applicant has successfully applied, he/she must wait for the Canadian embassy to contact them for the verification of documents. Once the verification is complete the visa will most likely be issued within 2 – 8 weeks.
Extending the Business Visit:
If the applicant wants to extend his/her business visit they may apply before their current allowed stay expires. The applicant can apply online or via paper. It is important for the applicant to apply well ahead of the expiration date.
Setting up a Business/Gaining PR in Canada:
Applicants who make successful business visits can eventually set up their own business in Canada. This would require registering one’s business and applying for a business number. To be eligible to do business in Canada individuals would require permits and licenses. Once individuals are well settled in and the business has established, he/she may apply for permanent residence in Canada. It is important for the business to be established as this would be assessed deeply when applying for permanent residence.
Important Points to consider before apply Business Visit Visa of Canada:
The following points must be kept in consideration when applying for a business visit:
- The applicant must be able to prove that his/her main source of income is outside of Canada.
- In addition to that he/she must have the financial power to invest in Canada.
- The temporary business visa will be issued for a period of 6 months only.
- A business person works in Canada under the Free Trade Agreement (FTA) and does not fall under a business visit.
- It is important to decide whether the applicant will be investing in an already existing business or starting up a new one in Canada.
- As a business visitor, you may travel anywhere in Canada.
If you want to arrange your business visit as soon as possible contact us today so that we can help you right away.