Canadian Study Permit
According to Statistics Canada every year more than 100,000 students come to Canada on Study Permits. Canada has highly reputable and one of the best education system in the world. Canadian Colleges and Universities are among top rated Institutes of the world offering a wide range of subject areas at a moderate fee structure as compared to USA, Australia & United Kingdom. Canada has true cosmopolitan culture and is called land of immigrants, student studying in Canada has more chances to observe multicultural, multiethnic environment as compared to the rest of world.
Study in Canada
Finding right Institute, an important consideration for studying in Canada
Getting a Study Permit
Rules & Regulations for Study Permit
- The first and foremost requirement is proof of finances, which means that one is fully able to afford his/her own studies completely without recourse to public funds. Besides this, evidence is required that you are also eligible to hold your expenses while your stay in Canada during your studies.
- Secondly, you are required to show an evidence that you are eligible to take care of your family that is with you during your stay. The family here includes spouse and children (if any).
- Proof of acceptance from any DLI in Canada.
- Proof of identity i.e. your passport, pictures. (Note: some evidence details might vary from country to country)
Financial proof for Study Permit
- Bank statements of the last 4-6 months
- A letter of evidence from any institution or person offering you money
- Evidence if you have funded scholarship within Canada or a funded Canadian program
- Evidence of educational loan from an institution
- Evidence of payment of tuition and accommodation fees
- Evidence of a Canadian bank account in your name if money has been transferred to Canada
Work Permit for spouses and Application procedure
- A public post-secondary institution; or
- A private post-secondary institution that runs under the same rules and regulations as a public institution and obtains half of its overall set-ups budget from government grants; or
- A private institution authorized by provincial statute to confer degrees.