Temporary Resident Visa (TRV) Types

Canada welcomes up to 35 million temporary residents each year. Temporary residences are for individuals who wish to enter Canada and are not Canadian citizens or permanent residents. Depending upon your eligibility you may enter Canada through a number of options. They can be either for study, work, business or even visiting your loved ones in Canada. After meeting all the requirements for the temporary residence you will achieve temporary resident status by achieving a temporary resident visa. Depending upon your case obtaining a temporary resident visa can take from two to three business weeks.

 Visit Visa

A temporary resident visa (TRV) or commonly known as a visit visa or visitor visa is for individuals who wish to visit Canada on an interim basis. It is issued by relevant Canadian high commission, Canadian Embassy or Canadian Consulate. One has both options, either to apply online at their own through mycic account or through authorized representatives i.e. Immigration Consultants or Immigration Lawyers or apply paper application through vfs global near them. A temporary resident visa (TRV) usually lasts for about six months from the day of entry. Obtaining a visitor visa or TRV is simple and requires only filling out an application. Some countries are exempt from applying for a TRV and have to obtain an Electronic Travel Authorization or ETA instead. Applicants may choose to opt for a single-entry visa or multiple-entry visa. Processing can take from 2 days to 4 weeks approximately.

Super Visa

 A super visa allows parents and grandparents of Canadian citizens or permanent residents to visit Canada for specified periods of time. A super visa will allow entry to Canada for a period of 2 years. To be eligible for this visa parents/grandparents must have an invitation from the Canadian person they will be visiting. The child/grandchild must show proof of sufficient funds to be able to invite his/her parent/grandparent. All applicants visiting Canada must go through a medical check-up, show police certificates and requires producing insurance from a Canadian Insurance Provider of a minimum of CAD$ 100,000 for the duration of one year.

Study Permit

A study permit is legitimate permission to study in Canada for either a short course, vocational training, academic degree or professional training that lasts at least 6 months. To obtain a study permit you must apply to a designated institution and obtain a letter of acceptance. After receiving an offer letter, application for study permit along with a temporary resident visa is applied, allowing one to enter Canada for studies and to remain in Canada until the study is complete. As per requirements, you will have to go through medical check-ups and provide clean criminal records with your application.

 Work Permit

A work permit allows you to work in Canada. Nationals of other countries must have a valid job offer from a Canadian employer to be eligible for a work permit and eventually a temporary resident visa. You may eligible for either an (a) open work permit or (b) employer-specific permit. Open-work permits are for foreign nationals who may be exempt from the Labor Market Impact Assessment (LMIA).  These can be applied outside Canada or at any port of entry. An Employer-specific permit permits you to work under specific conditions such as the name of the employer you may work for, the duration you are allowed to work for and the location you are allowed to work at.

Business Visit

A business visit allows you to explore opportunities to invest and grow your business in Canada. Depending upon your eligibility you may either need an eTA or visitor visa for your business trip. If you come to Canada on a visit visa you must show a letter of invitation by business partner settled in Canada and your trip must not exceed 6 months. Your business visit will be merely for business activities and not for entering the Canadian labor market. You must also be able to show proof of an established business outside of Canada. As per requirements, you must show police certificates along with medical certificates before your business visit.

Want to apply for Temporary Resident Visa (TRV) of any type, Team The Visa Canada can help you. Our professional team has years of experience in such an application and can fulfill all your immigration needs.